International Court of Justice (ICJ) announced the verdict of the Kulbhushan Jadhav case on Thursday. Here are some key points of the judgment.
- International Court of Justice stays Kulbhushan Jadhav’s death sentence and states that he will not be executed before the court has given its final decision.
- Pakistan should take all measures at its disposal to ensure that Kulbhushan Jadhav is not executed till the disposal of this hearing and will inform the court about measures being taken.
- Pakistan had sought India’s assistance in the investigation of the case.
- Kulbhushan Jadhav should have been given consular assistance under Vienna Convention.
- All parties under Vienna Convention have rights to provide consular assistance to their nationals.
- Rights invoked by India under the Vienna Convention are plausible.-Web Desk